Pure Homeopathy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Administering Medicines - Olfaction

2 posters

Go down

Administering Medicines - Olfaction Empty Administering Medicines - Olfaction

Post by Jack Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:08 pm

Just wondering if any of you have used olfaction of remedies with your patients?

I have had patients use olfaction and have had homeopaths suggest olfaction for me and my wife at times.

However, the method of doing so seems to be in inconsistent. confused

Methods:

Place 1 pillule in a glass vial. Close one nostril, place vial up to open nostirl and sniff/inhale.

Place 1 pillule in a glass vile. Add few drops alcohol. Succuss vial before each dose. Close one nostril, place vial up to open nostirl and sniff/inhale.

Place 1 pillule in a glass vile. Add few drops distilled water. Succuss vial before each dose. Close one nostril, place vial up to open nostirl and sniff/inhale.

Place 1 pillule in a 15 ml glass bottle. Add distilled water. Close one nostril, place vial up to open nostirl and sniff/inhale.

Any of the above but instead inhale through the MOUTH not the nostril.

Thoughts? The Organon is not crystal clear.

Cheers

Organon References:

With LMS: Similia for Windows '95.
If only a small vial say a dram of dilute alcohol is used in the treatment,
in which is contained and dissolved through succession one globule of the
medicine which is to be used by olfaction every two, three, four days, this
also must be thoroughly successed eight to ten times before each olfaction.

Similia for Windows '95.

Besides the tongue, mouth and stomach, which are most commonly affected by
the administration of medicine, the nose and respiratory organs are receptive
of the action of medicines in fluid form by means of olfaction and inhalation
through the mouth.

Similia for Windows '95.

The dynamic force of mineral magnets, electricity and galvanism act no less
powerfully upon our life principle and they are not less homoeopathic than
the properly so - called medicines which neutralize disease by taking them
through the mouth, or by rubbing them on the skin or by olfaction.
Jack
Jack

http://www.homeopathyheals.com

Back to top Go down

Administering Medicines - Olfaction Empty Re: Administering Medicines - Olfaction

Post by Glen Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:41 pm

Hi, Jack et al,

This is the second time I'm posting this as the last one I did was posted (I saw it with my own two eyes) and then it wasn't there the next day for some reason. Please let me know if this happens to you as well.

As for olfaction...the only reason that I know that it should be used is for hypersensitive patients so that you can prescribe the optimal posology, i.e. don't aggravate too strongly or cause a proving.

HYPERSENSITIVE PATIENTS

- will respond to almost any Rx, in an organized manner, proving every Rx given, and are difficult to treat (Hahnemann), i.e. incurable if wrong posology or Rx given (“acts upon the life force even when similar by the symptoms, it either blunts its sensitiveness palliatively and increases its suffering afterward, or it throws it into a dangerous and tumultuous condition to which it not seldom succumbs and from which it often never recovers” (IHA, 1890, Criticisms))
- if potency is correct, i.e. simillimum potency, should be an aggravation then amelioration
- can even respond in positive ways, e.g. sleep better, calmer, no more desire for sweets…must be careful because this can throw you off thinking you’ve found Rx; in advanced pathologies, patients much less reactive to
just any Rx
- may ameliorate slight, but will prove if wrong potency
- both Lippe and Hering observed that some patients were so sensitive that they could detect certain remedies held
in the hand (IHA, 1925, 2nd Report)

strategy

- if any potency or influence aggravates, have patient just open bottle and observe reaction; Andrea uses 6C
- if aggravated and then slightly better, right Rx
- length of aggravation should diminish on repeated dosing
- next step when less sensitive to opening of bottle, smell bottle

indications of sensitives

- no way to predict hypersensitives, but patient that is pallid, extremely excitable, nervous, sensitive, fidgety is to be suspected

proving a Rx

- no proving Sx’s will occur if someone has a serious disease, unless extremely sensitive
- proving Sx’s can be useful in indicating the next Rx b/c proving Sx’s show the weakness of an individual, i.e. their susceptibilities; unless they’re very sensitive and always proving a Rx…not representative of their own state of weakness
- hypersensitives are ideal provers

I'm going to make this a Sticky.
Glen
Glen
Admin

https://purehomeopathy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum