Interest in Physical Exam training with Dr. Veronika Zhmurko

Go down

Interest in Physical Exam training with Dr. Veronika Zhmurko

Post by Carol Ann Hastings on Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:48 am

I met Dr. Veronika Zhmurko during the Hahnemannian Prescribing course. She said she would be interested to do some Physical exam training for those of you who might be interested.

Her background is as follows;

• Graduate from Kiev Medical School (Ukraine) in 1989
• Extra year @ Kiev to complete a course of alternative method of medicine including Homeopathy, Phytotherapy and Iridology
• She worked as a Family Physician and General Practioner in hospital. In her 10 year practice she combines regular and alternative medicine.
• Later she started to do research towards a PH.D in Clinical Immunology. In 2000 she became Assistant Professor at the Department of Clinical Immunology and Allergies Studies in Kiev Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education
• After relocating to Canada in 2002 she started a private practice in Homeopathy.

She says “As a MD, I take a case a little differently with the focus on physical examination in order to determine and localize pathology.”
“I found that it is very important to understand actual medical diagnosis in addition to just gathering totality of sx. In my opinion, Homeopaths need to be able to differentiate between sx of disease and sx of the patient. All old masters actually were good in diagnosis in additional knowledge of MM. They recognized disease during examination and by knowing common sx, particular ds is could find peculiarity. They all emphasized that disease not important, but peculiarity is important. I found it useful in practice.”

At this initial point, I am looking to determine how many people would be interested in doing some course (s) with Veronika. We would need to determine time frames, course content…length etc. costs etc. , as well as a venue.

Glen, please post this in other areas if you see where it would be best seen.

Glen, I would also like to invite her to join our group. How is this done?
Carol Ann Hastings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Interest in Physical Exam training with Dr. Veronika Zhmurko

Post by RebeccaG on Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:39 am

Oh...me, me, me! I am very interested.

And, I think the more I can differentiate common disease sxs the better off I am. So, hopefully, we can get together a small group for this.

Thanks for forwarding this Carol Ann.

RebeccaG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glen on Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:58 pm

hey, this is great caroll ann...thanks for posting this...i'll also copy and paste the pertinent section into the diagnosis discussion.

i wrote another post on nominating a person...
Glen
Admin

View user profile http://purehomeopathy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack on Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:43 pm

I'm interested. I wonder what it would look like? Perhaps Andrea might want to consider having it happen through an institution like TSHM so the training could be "accredited".
Jack

View user profile http://www.homeopathyheals.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea on Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:18 am

Hiya,

I have been off this forum for a couple of weeks and boy, what an active place! I have some catching up to do over the next little while so bear with me while I take some time to respond to things.
I also had trouble logging in again but i figured it out.

As far as your query Jack, that is certainly something to look at in the long run. We plan fairly far ahead and have 2009/2010 and 2010/2011 all set. We have contracts that have to be arranged at least a year or two ahead.

I would be interested in the curriculum. We tried to get Yuri to teach here but he is swamped with his own work and teaching. He is someone I would love to take a Phys Exam course from...I am not sure how what he does differs from this one above...anyone?

Andrea
Andrea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glen on Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:42 pm

good to see you back on, andrea...it was a little quieter without you!

can't say about yuri's course...in fact, i didn't even know he had a course.
Glen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea on Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:48 pm

Hiya,

We were trying to get Yuri to teach Phys exam here starting in the fall but he is swamped with a course he does at Conestoga College, I believe, in a similar vein as diagnosis, phys exam...not positive. But he would have been great!

Andrea
Andrea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glen on Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:38 pm

I imagine he would've been great. Getting to know him a little as I did at the Hahnemannian Prescribing weekends, was super....he's a really nice guy, passionate and very knowledgeable.

Hope it works out in the future.
Glen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down